IMPACT OF CORONAVIRUS EPIDEMIC ON 2020 TAX SEASON.
In the light of recent outbreak of coronavirus, I am currently evaluating changes to tax preparation services to limit/avoid exposure to coronavirus during busy tax season.
Currently, there has been no impact on operations whatsoever, however, that might change quickly as the situation is still developing. I have received a number of inquires from clients as to whether I will be conducting in-person appointments or electronically.
To minimize risk to you, me and my staff I will be undertaking the following steps:
- All currently scheduled appointments will proceed as scheduled. If you are feeling sick prior to an appointment please stay home and if possible email/phone me if you cannot make it to the appointment.
- Once currently scheduled appointments are completed I will be seeing appointments by request on case by case basis or see urgent appointments only.
- Please send your tax information either by mail or email and I will process your tax return and schedule a phone appointment to discuss your tax return prior to filing. I already process a number of tax returns form out of town clients by email and phone.
- If you are sending information by email/electronically please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org also you can also send documents via dropbox or one drive.
- If mailing your documents please mail it with tracking to:
- On March 18th, Government of Canada and Minister of Finance have announced that the tax deadline for individuals has been moved from April 30th to June 1, 2020.
Also the payment of any tax or installments that became due on March 18th and before September 2020 has been deferred till August 31th.
More information can be found at government of Canada website by following the link for individual taxpayers;
and for businesses:
While the deadline has been extended, all tax payers that receive any kind of government benefits (GIS, Child Benefits etc.) should still make an effort to file as soon as possible as to avoid interruptions to benefit payments.
- We will be following any instructions from Public Health Authorities and property management company regarding building access.
With our current systems and staffing, we can carry on business as usual with minimal interruptions. Please Call or email if you require help organizing and sending your tax information. If the situation improves we will be going back to a regular appointment schedule.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.